Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Feelings were Involved

  I sat and watched as my little sister, Allie, finished eating her mashed potatoes.
I still hadn't been able to stop thinking about what Sasha had said earlier. I know she wasn't trying to upset me but I really wish she wouldn't have brought him up. I know, its stupid to still hurt after almost two years but... I really loved him. How could he have done that to me? After a year and half together. I had to stop thinking about it because it was time to get Allie ready for her nap.
* * * * * * * * * *

        My mom had just gotten home a few minutes ago. I was trying to get ready for my date. It was about 7 so I still had an hour.I quickly turned on the water for the shower. I stripped down and stepped in. After I had finished my shower I made sure my towel was secure and stepped out to find something to wear. After about 5 minutes of searching I settled on this. I quickly got dressed and did my makeup. After I was finished I looked at myself in my mirror. I thought I looked okay. I heard the sound of a car puling up in front of my house. I looked out my window and saw a black Range Rover. I was a bit confused as to who it was at first but then I saw the person who stepped out of the car. It was Jackson. I smiled and quickly double checked that I looked okay. After I had confirmed that I did in fact look okay I made my way downstairs. Jackson was standing in the living room talking to my mom. 
        "Oh, look. There she is now!" my mother announced when she saw me walking down the stairs. "Come here and give mommy a hug before you leave."
Mommy? Hugs? Has she been drinking again?
Sure enough my suspicions were confirmed. When she pulled me into a tight hug I could smell the alcohol on her breath. When she let me go I quickly asked them to excuse me for a minute.
I ran to the bathroom and quickly dialed Sashas number.

        "Hello?" she answered.
"Hey, I know this is short notice but Im about to go on my date with Jackson and my mom has been drinking again."
"I'll be right over."
Luckily she only lived two houses down from me. She was there in a few minutes and brought Allie with her to her house. After she came and picked up Allie, Jackson and I left. I had tried to get him to tell me where we were going but he insisted on keeping it a secret.
"Please tell me!" I begged once again.
He just smiled and kept looking ahead. "Why Tell you. When I could show you."
I was confused but when I looked ahead of me I saw this.
"Oh my gosh. You did this all for me?" I asked.
"Of course I did. A beautiful girl deserves a beautiful date." he answered sweetly.
I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek as he parked the car. He quickly got out and ran over to my side, opening my door for me. I had tried to get out on my own but he was too fast. He took my hand and helped me out then led me over to the small area he had set up.
The date was going great. He was funny, nice, smart, and sweet. I thought it would be the perfect date. Until, he took me home.
I was standing on my front porch with him. I was expecting him to just say goodbye or kiss me or something. Instead he had to open his mouth and talk.

        "Odessa, I really like you. I mean, I know we just met today but, I really really like you. Your so pretty, and funny, and smart. I hope we go out again soon."
I felt my heart drop. He started actually caring about me already? If only we could have met before I met Steven. Maybe then I could have liked him. I knew I had to answer him, so I did something stupid.
"I really like you too."
He smiled and kissed me quickly. I felt so bad lying to him but he was so sweet and innocent. I couldn't hurt him like that. After we kissed he went back to his car and drove off. I watched as his car faded away. I went inside and headed straight for my room. As soon as I got there I collapsed on my bed.
                                                                     Why did he have to care?

No comments:

Post a Comment